Sunday, January 10, 2010

Blessings


Watching my sons sleep when the house is quiet, late at night. Recalling moments pass when they were much younger, curled up in a ball, their breathing labored, giving them kisses galore. Praying that they would grow into responsible and caring young men. Praying that God will keep them safe in their travels and may their life experiences be as joyful and a wonder as mine. May they always have love in their hearts. That's what I think of while I watch them, eyes closed, mouths half open, occasionally catching a drool.  I gaze at them and think…Love.
Talking to my sister, as she recants what seems like a lifetime ago of something from our childhood. The time we snuck behind the school and smoked our first cigarette, with me damn near passing out. Or the time I convinced her that we should ride our bikes, past the corner. Telling her to stop complaining, we won't get into any trouble. Well, at least I didn't. Or the time we tried out for the Mt. Vernon Knightettes and we both got in!
Those rare moments in the morning, watching my man sleep, thinking to myself, "I'd rather be with him, than without him." Amazing how when I wasn't looking for love, it found me, and embraced me with a joy that I can't compare to anything else. Whether we're making the bed, preparing dinner or watching a game, I feel as if I have finally found that peace that I have craved for so long. At times I want to pinch myself and ask, "is this real? If not, please do not wake me up."
WHAT DO YOU FEEL MOST BLESSED ABOUT???

No comments: